Christian Eckes was having one other sturdy run Sunday at World Large Know-how Raceway at Gateway, working within the second place early within the Ultimate Stage when Sam Mayer made contact with him whereas attempting to finish the go for the runner-up spot. Shortly after, the Safelite Tundra suffered a flat tire and brushed the surface wall. After Eckes made his solution to pit street, the crew decided that his Toyota had a damaged driveshaft and can be unable to return to the race. The No. 18 workforce can be relegated to a 32nd-place end.
Stage One Recap:
- Eckes began from the seventh place after a efficiency matrix based mostly off his ending place from the earlier race, rating in proprietor factors standings and the rating of the quickest lap he turned from the earlier race at Dover (Del.) Worldwide Speedway.
- On Lap 4, he had fallen again to the ninth place as he was “free on entry,” however because the Safelite Tundra started to return to him, he started to maneuver ahead on Lap 34. On Lap 40, he made his method into the highest 5 after which with one lap remaining in Stage One captured the fourth place.
Stage Two Recap:
- Eckes communicated to championship crew chief Rudy Fugle that he “wants extra on-throttle flip,” earlier than hitting pit street for 4 recent tires and full load of gas.
- With the sphere frozen below NASCAR’s pit street guidelines for the occasion, Eckes exited the pits fourth, however Brett Moffitt gave up third place to start out on the surface through the select rule, placing the Safelite Tundra third when Stage Two went inexperienced on Lap 61.
- The No. 18 Toyota fell again to fourth momentarily however on Lap 64 regained third and remained there when the second warning of the race occurred on Lap 78.
- This time Eckes selected the surface lane and lined up fourth when the sphere went again inexperienced on Lap 82 and was capable of seize the runner-up place on Lap 83. He fell from a half second again on Lap 95, to 1.1 seconds behind chief Todd Gilliland when Stage Two got here to completion on Lap 110.
Ultimate Stage Recap:
- Eckes reported that his Safelite Tundra was “free in and tight exit,” earlier than hitting pit street for 4 recent tires, a full load of gas and chassis changes between levels.
- Gilliland took the surface lane and Eckes the within lane of the entrance row for the restart on Lap 116. The 2 would battle side-by-wide for a lap and a half, however Eckes’ Toyota pushed up the observe and he was pressured to settle in line within the third place.
- Shortly after, the Safelite Tundra suffered a flat tire and brushed the wall. He was pressured down pit street and after a fast remark the over-the-wall crew decided that the workforce wouldn’t have the ability to proceed on account of a damaged driveshaft.