COLUMBUS, Miss. (WCBI) – A pile of scrap steel goes up in flames on Monday and it takes firefighters hours to place out.
The blaze began about 11 AM at Columbus Scrap on what is named “The Island.”
Assistant Hearth Chief Duane Hughes tells WCBI it’s believed insulation within scrap fridges, washing machines, or dryers may have sparked the blaze.
He says latest excessive temperatures may have performed a contributing position.
Nonetheless, the precise reason behind the blaze will take a while to analyze.
Nobody was injured throughout the hearth.
The dimensions of the hearth was one of many tough points of placing out the flames.
This afternoon, Lowndes County District 5 Volunteer Firefighters put foam on the smoldering hearth.