MADISON, Wis. (WMTV) – Wisconsinites should present documentation as a way to proceed receiving Pandemic Unemployment Help (PUA), the Wisconsin Division of Workforce Growth introduced Friday.
Profit seekers should ship proof of employment or self-employment, or the deliberate begin of employment, for the yr earlier than the PUA utility date. Anybody who fails to offer proof should repay any PUA advantages obtained on Dec. 27, 2020 or later, based on federal legislation.
PUA offers advantages for individuals who will not be eligible beneath regular unemployment insurance coverage, similar to people who find themselves self-employed or some unbiased contractors, based on a information launch.
DWD Secretary-designee Amy Pechacek known as this requirement “a big change.”
“It’s one other hurdle for individuals who qualify for these funds, however we’re doing all the things we will to make folks conscious of this requirement,” Pechacek mentioned.
The DWD can be sending a discover out to 1000’s of residents as a part of the brand new requirement.
The division listed the next types of documentation as acceptable to submit on their unemployment portal, by mail or by fax to the DWD:
- Employment: Paycheck stubs, earnings and depart statements exhibiting the employer’s identify and handle, and W-2 varieties
- Self-employment: Enterprise licenses, tax returns, enterprise receipts, and signed affidavits from individuals verifying the person’s self-employment
- Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, and academic/non secular organizations: Documentation supplied by the group and signed affidavits from individuals verifying the person’s attachment to such organizations
- Proof of the deliberate graduation of employment: Letters providing employment, statements/ affidavits by people (with identify and make contact with data) verifying a proposal of employment
- Proof of the deliberate graduation of self-employment: Enterprise licenses, written enterprise plans, or a lease settlement
Copyright 2021 WMTV. All rights reserved.