Every month, the American Immigration Legal professionals Affiliation’s Division of State (DOS) Liaison Committee checks in with Charlie Oppenheim, the Chief of the Visa Management and Reporting Division at DOS for updates about Visa Bulletin progress. Throughout these conferences, Charlie analyzes tendencies and affords predictions on visa processing. Listed below are some highlights from his evaluation that was shared with AILA. Although there are diminished processing from the Division of State and USCIS as a consequence of COVID-19, they’re working intently to course of functions that may be finalized this fiscal yr.
Under are a few of Charlie’s projections for the employment-based desire classes for the approaching months. Taking a look at Chart A (Ultimate Motion Dates; as of now we’re nonetheless ready for USCIS willpower on whether or not to make use of Chart A or Chart B), some classes remained the identical whereas others inched forward. No visa retrogression for any employment class!
- EB-1 India strikes forward to 01MAR18
- EB-2 India stays the identical at 08JUL09
- EB-Three India stays the identical at 01OCT09
- EB-5 India stays CURRENT
- EB-3 and Different Staff Philippines stays the identical at 01APR19
- EB-1 China strikes forward a month to 01MAR18
- EB-2 China stays the identical at 15JAN16
- EB-Three China stays the identical at 15FEB17
- EB-5 China strikes ahead per week to 15AUG15